The Hexagon Hive Thinlit Die from the Celebrate the Everyday catalog makes a cool, quick background. Since it makes thin borders, it works best if you put a piece of waxed paper between your card stock and your Thinlit similar to using the Thinlits we had in the Holiday catalog. Also, I found that I just needed the waxed paper every other time.
The color scheme was inspired by the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper in the Sale-a-Bration brochure. And, if you need a lot of small hexagons, the Thinlit will cut 2 at a time of designer paper. These are smaller hexagons than the ones you get with the Stampin’ Up! Hexagon Punch so they will layer for projects using the punch.
- Perfect Pennants (Celebrate the Everyday Catalog)
- Pool Party
- Summer Starfruit
- Basic Black
- Cantaloupe Crisp
- Whisper White
Tools / Extras:
- Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die
- Banners Framelits Dies
- Petite Petals Punch – 5 Petal Flower – LOVE!
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack – Small Flower
- Linen Thread
- Basic Jewels Rhinestone (colored with Sharpie)
- Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-Bration)
- Snail, Dimensionals & Glue Dots
I also like that there’s enough solid area on the back of the Hexagon Hive shape to use mostly snail to stick it down. Along with the snail, it really only needs a glue dot on that bottom right corner.
Don’t forget to crumple up your flower shapes before sticking them on if you like that look!